Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 11:38AM
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza crust
- ½ cup yellow onion, sliced
- ½ red peppers, sliced
- ½ cup sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- ¾ cups of sugar snap peas tossed with olive oil (prevents burning)
- ½ lbs. of raw pheasant breast, about 2 pheasants (save the legs for breakfast sausage)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 ¼ tsp. coarse salt, divided
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced or pureed with a Micro Plane Zester
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup feta cheese (broken up)
- Pre-heat oven to highest setting 500 degrees and set rack on upper middle of oven.
- Slice raw pheasant into bite size pieces and place in small bowl with balsamic vinegar and marinate pheasant for 1 hour.
- Heat fry pan until hot over medium heat, add pheasant with marinade juice and add 3/4 tsp coarse salt and cook until the meat is almost done ( meat will cook more in the oven). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Stretch pizza crust out on a piece of parchment paper.
- Brush pizza dough with the olive oil, garlic and sprinkle with addition ½ tsp. coarse salt.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese over the garlic and oil.
- Place the rest of the ingredients on top of mozzarella cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- Serve pizza with Dole Caesar salad mix for a perfect meal!