- 1 whole rainbow trout, butterflied & deboned
- 1 TBS olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup sweet corn kernels
- ¼ cup diced roasted potato
- ¼ cup green beans, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 TBS diced red pepper
- 2 TBS diced red onion
- Fresh chopped herbs and lemon wedge for garnish
- Rub trout filet with 1 tsp of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Pre heat a 10” cast iron pan and place fish skin side down in pan. Scatter assorted vegetables around edge of pan and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Season veggies with additional salt and pepper. Cover pan with lid.
- If cooking over a campfire place pan directly over hot coals. If cooking in a conventional oven place in pre heated 400 degree oven. Cook for approx. 8-10 minutes until fish has cooked through and vegetables have softened. Remove lid and garnish with fresh chopped herbs and a squeeze of fresh lemon.