- 4-6ea pan fish, skinless filets
- 1T paprika
- 1t salt
- 2T canola oil
- 4oz chorizo, fully cooked if using raw
- 1C white wine
- 4T butter
- 1t chopped fresh parsley
- 1T fresh lemon juice
- Heat a heavy bottomed sauté pan, preferably cast iron or stainless steel, over medium-high heat.
- Season the fish with salt on both sides. Dust the skin side of the fish with paprika liberally and shake off extra.
- Sear the fish paprika side down in the pan. After about 1min flip the fish over and finish cooking the fish through. Remove the fish, paprika side up and transfer to a plate to rest.
- To make the sauce…pour off any residual oil from the pan. Over medium heat add the cooked chorizo and white wine. Reduce until the liquid is about a scant 2 Tablespoons. Turn off heat and incorporate the whole butter with a fork. Fold in the chopped parsley.
- Plate the fish by putting down the sauce/chorizo first. Place the fish atop and squeeze fresh lemon over.