- 1oz clarified butter
- 1 Cup cooked and shredded hash brown potatoes
- ¼ Cup red pepper, diced
- ¼ Cup yellow onion, diced
- 6oz walleye filet, boneless
- Fresh dill chopped
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ Cup scallions, sliced
- 2 whole eggs, scrambled
- 1 ½ oz Blaser’s Monterey Jack Onion Cheese, grated
- Pre heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Pour half of butter in bottom of pan and evenly spread potatoes, onions and peppers to brown. Let cook uncovered for approx. 3 minutes.
- Season fish with salt, pepper and fresh chopped dill. Place seasoned fish on top of potatoes and cover with another cast iron skillet to seal in steam. Let cook covered for approx. 3 minutes
- After 3 minutes remove lid and walleye should be almost cooked through. Using a spatula flip potatoes and fish and break up walleye into bite size pieces. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook until potatoes are golden brown.
- Pre heat additional cast iron pan and place remaining clarified butter in pan. Scramble eggs in pan and as soon as they begin to set stir in scallions and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat once eggs are set. Place eggs on top of hash.
Recipe serves 2