- 1# Brined turkey breast
- 1 cup Cassava flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 whole eggs scrambled
- ¼ cup clarified butter
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 medium carrot cut into ribbons (shave with a vegetable peeler)
- 1 rib of celery sliced thin (reserve leaves)
- ¼ cup Buffalo style hot sauce
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
Directions to Brine Turkey:
- To brine turkey, place all ingredients listed below into a stock pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain and chill brine by mixing with 1 quart of ice cubes.
- Once brine is cooled below 41 degrees’ place turkey breast in brine and chill in refrigerator overnight or up to 12 hours.
- Remove turkey from brine and air chill in refrigerator until use.
- ¾ gallon water
- ¾ cup of sea salt
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs pickling spice
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- Zest of 1 lemon
Directions to Prepare Turkey Bites:
- Slice turkey breast into thin strips. Place cassava flour, almond flour and egg wash into individual bowls. Start by dredging turkey strips into cassava flour, shake off excess and dip into egg wash. Remove from egg wash and dredge in almond flour. Repeat this process until all turkey has been breaded.
- Set breaded turkey aside and preheat large sauté pan over medium heat. Add a generous 2 Tbs clarified butter to coat bottom of saute pan and gently place turkey cutlets into pan. Cook until golden brown and flip. Once turkey is golden brown on both sides and internal temp. is 165 degrees remove from pan and place on a plate with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- To plate toss carrot ribbons and celery leaves with a touch of olive oil and fresh lemon juice. Arrange on a plate and place cooked turkey cutlets over vegetables. Spoon sauce over turkey and sprinkle plate with blue cheese crumbles.
Serves 4 appetizer portions