- 4 – 8” flour tortillas cut in 1/4th
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 duck breast
- ½ cup guacamole
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- ½ refried pinto beans
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese
- 1 whole lime
- Fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil to 350 degrees. Fry tortillas until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel to remove excess grease
2. Season duck breast with salt and pepper. Place skin side down in pre heated cast iron pan. Sear until skin is crispy and dark golden brown. Finish cooking in 400 degree oven until duck is medium temp. 135 internal degrees. Remove from pan and let rest before slicing.
3. Spread pinto beans on tortilla and top with a thin slice of duck breast. Top duck breast with guacamole, pico de gallo and finely grated cheese.
4. Garnish with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
5. Arrange neatly on a platter and serve warm.
*Recipe is scaled to serve as an appetizer for approx. 4 people.