- 1 pheasant breasts, approx. 4-6 ounces
- 2 thin slices Prosciutto
- Olive oil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 ounces Ellsworth Cheese Curd Crumbles
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Trim and slice breast lengthwise to create two even cutlets (strips) from each breast. Season cutlets with salt and pepper and sear in a pre heated sauté pan with approx. 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan and let cool.
2. In same sauté pan while still hot place spinach and gently wilt. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
3. Placecooked pheasant cutlets on cutting board and top one with sautéed spinach. Place remaining cutlet on top of spinach.
4. On same cutting board place 2 thin slices of prosciutto so they are slightly overlapping.
5. Place stuffed pheasant breast on top of prosciutto and roll tightly.
6. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Using a non stick sheet pan (parchment paper will work too) evenly spread cheese curd crumbles to form a 3 ½ “ x 5” rectangle. Bake in oven until golden brown. Approx 5-7 minutes.
7. Once cheese is golden brown remove from oven and place pheasant on bottom of rectangle. Roll tight while still warm and place back in oven to crisp cheese. Approx 5 minutes.
8. Remove and let cool slightly before slicing and serving.
9. Recipe is written for 1 serving. Easily scales for number of portions you wish to prepare.