- ½ cup diced leeks
- ½ cup diced parsnips
- ½ cup diced yams
- ½ cup celery and carrot
- 8oz roasted pheasant meat
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned is fine)
- 2 tbspn fresh thyme, chopped fine
- 2 tbspn pure maple syrup
- In a heavy bottomed pot, add 2T of neutral oil such as canola or vegetable oil. Sweat the vegetables over medium heat. Add the pheasant meat and saute for a few moments until it begins to caramelize and stick to the bottom of the pot a little.
- Add the wine and reduce the liquid by half.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 45min to 60min.
- Season to taste with Salt and black Pepper.