- 1T Ancho paste
- 2T Juice of lime
- 1T honey or agave nectar
- 1t chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 8oz venison loin, cut into bite sized strips to grill.
- Cabbage, red or green, finely julienned or box grated
- 2T sour cream
- 1T fresh lime juice
- 1T chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortillas (corn or flour)
- Fresh limes, avacados, cilantro, scallions, salsa
- Make the Marinade by combining the first 5 ingredients well. Using your fingers, massage marinade into the meat and let sit for 45-60minutes at room temp.
- Mix the chopped cabbage well with sour cream, onion and cilantro. Add a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Over med-high heat, grill or saute the venison until just cooked (1-2 minutes per side). Take meat off heat and let rest.
- Heat the tortillas over the grill or in a clean saute pan. Build the tacos with the cabbage slaw then Venison and garnish with your liking…(cilantro, red onion, avocado, salsa, etc)